Production Blog: Final Task




 

Hey guys its your favorite blogger coming in with a new blog!

Today I continued on my journey on editing the opening sequence of the film.

Before I shortened some of the scenes from the opening sequence the video was around four minutes long. After I cut out all extra or unneeded scenes from the film I was left with three minutes and forty seconds. Then I shortened some of the scenes that had the action and cut sequence the video was around three minutes and thirty seconds. Then I tried to shorten up some of the other scenes in the opening sequence.

At this point I was extremely annoyed at the situation, why couldn't the length of the sequence go down to the time limit. This is not the first time I have had the issue of trying to shorten the film time. This happened in my last project, the music video, as well. I do not understand why it is so difficult to shorten down the length of the opening. The last time I had this issue, I went to my teammates for help and they suggested to speed up the scenes. For that music video we only sped up a few selected scenes where a sped up scene would make sense. For the project I might do all of the scenes instead of a few selected scenes. Only a little bit of course, we wouldn't want the opening scenes to look tacky or difficult to follow. So, for my film I might speed up the scenes, but only by a little bit. Hopefully it works and the film length will go down to the selected time limit.

After speeding up the scenes I might want to edit the music so it plays and ends at the right time. This is important because I don't want the music for the film to look uncoordinated.

Oh, I'm not sure if I mentioned this but I got one of the missing scenes today. Giovanna told me she will send me the next two scenes that we are missing. Only then will I really be able to finish the editing for the film perfectly.

I can't wait to get this editing part over with!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Final Task