Production Blog: Final Task



Hey guys its your favorite blogger coming in with a new blog!

Today i will talk about the editing process of the opening sequence of our film a bit more.

Yesterday I showed what I had to my team mates and they had a few recommendations of stuff I could due to enhance the editing of the film. The first was the title, originally I was going to change the color of the title from white to red.  It was decided that we should change the color from normal red to dark red since then the title would be more ominous.

After doing that I look over a few font for the title, originally we were suppose to do Italic but since I found a new font marked terror I wanted to try it out. I tried and I thought it looked pretty cool but I felt like the font type didn't match our genre so I stuck with Italic.

For the opening I used a fade transition for the title, so it would fade it then change to red. After doing that I realized I almost forgot to add the production company as well as the studio the film was made at. In other words our studio name that we created for this Production was GMS Entertainment and Angel Studio.

After adding those I did a different transition from the title, I used a glitch transition for one and movement transition for the other. Then I went through any and all scenes that needed to be muted because of some back ground noises. After doing that I went to the scene where our antagonist was suppose to make their first appearance. There I added a blur effect on the first part of the scene so that it could give the idea that the protagonist just woke up and saw it.

After I did that I decided to start on listing the case list on the sequence. I asked my teammate Giovanna to send me the full names of the cast since she was closest to them. After receiving the full names I listed in the first 20 seconds of the opening. The cast list was placed right after the title, production, and studio scene. I used red font for the role they played in the production and white for their actual names. Madelyn gave me the idea to do that since it would help to tie the title scene and the cast scene together. I used a fade in and a fade out transition when listen the cast so that it would appear more smoother. Looking at it now I think I could have made it last a bit longer on the screen, so I will have to go back and edit that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog: Final Task

Production Blog: Final Task